Job Title: Credit Manager
Location: Fleet, Hampshire
Salary: £47,000 – £57,000 + Benefits
About the Company:
Specialist Asset Finance division, primarily focused on carefully selected sub-sectors of the mortgage market
An exciting opportunity is on offer for a Credit Manager to underwrite Asset Finance transactions up to £250k and to recommend decisions and complete credit reviews.
A key objective of this role is to deliver outstanding customer service and all introductory sources, whilst ensuring the quality of the Asset Finance portfolio remains robust.
You will be responsible for undertaking full credit assessments of Asset Finance proposals and requires advanced knowledge of the sector dynamics, customer industries and the assets funded.
Duties will include the following:-
- Accountable for the quality of the Asset Finance portfolio within your delegated authority
- Deliver appropriate credit assessments focussed on cash generation, highlighting the key risks and mitigants whilst operating within agreed service level standards to ensure the business remains competitive as well as controlling risks
- Review, analyse and make recommendations to Head of Underwriting (Asset Finance) and/or Transaction Credit Committee for proposals outside of own delegated authority
- Build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, including brokers and customers
- Use specialist knowledge and understanding of the Asset Finance market to structure proposals
- Manage relationships with Sales/customers/brokers and be able to successfully justify and negotiate amended terms if required
- Be a Subject Matter Expert for Hard Asset Finance underwriting; contribute to the underwriting team and wider Asset Finance business, sharing the benefit of your experience
- Undertake credit and portfolio reviews where required by policy and when requested by Head of Underwriting (Asset Finance)
- Where applicable make recommendations for improvements to existing processes and policy whilst ensuring the portfolio and reputation is protected by remaining in line with regulations
- Operate at all times within the relevant Regulatory and Compliance frameworks
- Maintain the company’s compliance standards and ensure timely completion of all mandatory on-line training modules and attestations
Skills and experience needed (essential or preferred):
- Specialist knowledge of the Hard Asset Finance market including product types, funding structures and asset values
- Ability to review data and identify potential issues or risks is essential
- Strong attention to detail is essential
- Ability to present and justify your analysis and recommendation to senior stakeholders is essential
- Robust and broad commercial acumen is essential
- Excellent communication skills are essential
- Strong MS Word and Excel skills are essential
Team player, flexible and adaptable.
For more information then please contact Melanie Phillips on 07538 919456 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org